Luminoso is looking for a highly motivated individual to take on the hybrid role of HR Generalist and Office Manager. You will be working in an evolving, creative environment with passionate team members who are focused on quality and execution. Working directly with the head of Human Resources, who has a track record of mentoring individuals who want to learn, grow and evolve, you will have the opportunity to put your mark in a variety of areas. You will assist with culture building team events, handle day-to-day human resources needs and activities, participate in space planning, company events, and ad hoc tasks around the office. Use your creativity and resourcefulness to help ensure that the office is well-maintained and has a “feels like home” environment. To be successful, you need to be the kind of person who can manage a number of different and diverse responsibilities, have the ability to make order out of chaos while remaining calm and flexible with ever-changing priorities and needs. It’s a start-up - fun and challenging!
• Provide support for major HR programs and projects (open enrollment, employee recognition, etc.)
• Systems & Reporting: Update HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, terminations and other status changes. Provide basic and ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Onboarding: Participates in various phases of the onboarding process to ensure that our new hires receive an outstanding onboarding experience.
• Payroll/Benefits: Coordinate with our payroll and benefits providers and reconcile monthly/quarterly benefits statements.
• Employee Support: Respond to inquiries from employees and managers on procedures and practices. Conduct/complete verifications of employment.
• Manage the day-to-day operations in the Cambridge office ensuring office services are provided in an efficient manner. including front office reception, parking, and office administrative services (greeting visitors, mail distribution, copying, etc.)
administrative services (greeting visitors, mail distribution, copying, etc.)
• Responsible for all purchasing of office supplies and food, including stocking and distributing (must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds). We have an inventory management system in place but will leave it to you to set one up that works for you.
• Help out as needed in other areas - we’re a start-up, we all pitch in where needed and able!
Skills and requirements
• One to two years of experience with Office Management and/or HR Administration
• Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to prioritize responsibilities
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail, discretion and a high level of accuracy
• Ability to move quickly and make on the-spot decisions without sacrificing attention to detail
• Great communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to work effectively with a spectrum of personalities
• Strong MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint and Google email/calendar/doc skills
• Experience with HR systems is a plus
• Experience in a Mac environment a plus