Major US Cities (East Coast)
Luminoso is the best in the world at bringing to light what people are talking about. With very little setup or maintenance, our clients can understand and react to feedback on top issues, efficiently route customers to resolve their issues faster, and guide customers searching for what they need. Unlike other approaches, which require impractical amounts of data, time, and computational power, our common sense natural language technology teaches computers how to understand language like people do -- starting with thousands instead of billions of documents, in minutes instead of months, in up to 13 languages at once. Luminoso is privately held with headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
As a Sales Engineer, you will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate. Using technical creativity and business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Luminoso can provide. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
• Partner with Account Executives to achieve defined sales goals.
• Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns.
• Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients.
• Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities.
• Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers.
• Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience.
• Represent Luminoso’s product to customers and at field events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
• Assist with the radiation strategy within the target accounts by building customer relationships.
• Manage target accounts that may span multiple Account Executives.
• Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Business Management, Computer Science.
• 5+ years as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR 5+ years in a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios.
• Able to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems.
• Recent experience with one or more of the following technologies: Python, REST APIs, Virtual Machines and Docker Containers.
• Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
• Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams.
• Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Support Ticketing Platforms is a plus
• Experience in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design.
• Willing to travel 50% to customer locations throughout the assigned territory. Sales territories are typically a combination of both a geographic center and an industry vertical, so adequate coverage of them includes trips that may be cross-country. Further, sales personnel are required to attend occasional industry conferences in order to meet customers and cultivate leads.