We are looking for a Senior Accountant to support the Finance team in building a scalable accounting and finance operation infrastructure. This employee will own the general accounting and month end close processes and help manage incoming and outgoing cash flows, while helping to streamline vital accounting practices.
We are looking for candidates with an accounting or finance degree and experience at a high growth technology company. This is an important role with high visibility throughout the organization.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare monthly general ledger journal entries including payroll, depreciation, accruals, prepaid expenses, intercompany eliminations and other standard entries
- Complete balance sheet and PL reconciliations in a timely manner on a monthly basis
- Work closely with the Contract Analyst to understand all aspects of the customer contracts in order to invoice customers in a timely and accurate manner and ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Assist with implementation of ASC606
- Own the accounts payable and cash disbursement process. Ensure all expenses are approved and coded correctly by department and account. Maintain W-9’s for all vendors and issue 1099’s annually
- Assist with implementation of policies and procedures, process improvement and standardization in the Finance department and across the Company
- Investigate and gather information on various processes and transactions, draw conclusions and recommend/implement changes, as necessary
- Complete various regulatory filings, as required
- Support the annual external audit process by preparing audit requests and serving as point of contact for inquiries and follow-ups regarding the general ledger
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as needed
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years experience with a combination of public and corporate accounting, international experience a plus
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance required, CPA a plus
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce, and/or Expensify preferred
- Excellent computer skills, Advanced Microsoft Excel User
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Roll up your sleeves attitude
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills