VP of Engineering
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Luminoso is the best in the world at bringing to light what people are talking about. With very little setup or maintenance, our clients can understand and react to feedback on top issues, efficiently route customers to resolve their issues faster, and guide customers searching for what they need. Unlike other approaches, which require impractical amounts of data, time, and computational power, our common sense natural language technology teaches computers how to understand language like people do -- starting with thousands instead of billions of documents, in minutes instead of months, in up to 14 languages at once. Luminoso is privately held with headquarters in Boston, MA.
As Luminoso is at our next stage of growth, we are looking for a technology leader that will be accountable for the software development, architecture and DevOps of our overall product portfolio. You will manage, mentor, and lead multiple teams of developers and be part of a dynamic environment that embraces collaboration, creativity, and provides you with an opportunity to help us scale and get to the next level.
- Lead and mentor teams of software engineers and technical leads, covering a diverse set of technology domains, including back-end software architecture and API services design, UI application development, and Devops.
- Work with the engineering team to define the right SDLC, metrics for success, and manage velocity
- Set the vision and strategy for the engineering team, be the voice of engineering
- Support enterprise product prioritization and strategy development by providing perspectives including trade-offs, risks, tech scope definitions, time and effort estimations, and other considerations.
- Help improve collaboration across our data science, tools, enterprise architecture, and sales engineering organization.
- Work with Tech Leads, Product Management, and other stakeholders to plan and execute technology projects
- 10+ years developing SaaS solutions
- 5+ years of managing development teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Startup Experience is preferred
- Cloud infrastructure
- Distributed teams
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
We don’t expect you to have experience with all of these, but you should be ready to start work in an environment where they’re actively in use.
YOU CAN APPLY DIRECTLY BY EMAILING ALLAN MARCUS AT AMARCUS@LUMINOSO.COM
Luminoso Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran, or disability status