If you ask anyone about what AI is, they will probably answer it’s chatGPT. ChatGPT gained popularity in record time. In just five days, it gained 1 million users. It’s the star of the show that everyone loves.
But there’s another star who has entered the red carpet these days. Who is it?
It’s Bard. It’s a large conversational language model that Google developers.
Bard and ChatGPT have played a great role in revolutionizing the content creation process. There is no doubt that both tools can do groundbreaking things. From storytelling to copywriting, ideas to creativity, there are many things they can do.
But which one is suitable for you?
Is it chatGPT or Bard?
How can you identify it?
In this blog, we’ll comprehensively discuss the differences between these tools, their features, and much more. Keep reading to get answers to the queries.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence language model developed by OpenAI. It is part of the GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) series and is specifically designed for natural language understanding and generation in a conversational context.
It was developed in partnership with OpenAI and Microsoft. chatGPT in itself is an AI-powered chatbot. You can add your query, which is generally known as Prompt, and it will answer them conversationally.
It was launched in 2022 and took the internet by storm. Its unique ability to generate human-like content, code, lyrics, jokes, and essays made it everyone’s top choice. It was because of advanced LLM; now, there are two versions.
- GPT3.5, which is free.
- GPT4, which is a premium paid version
Key Features of ChatGPT
ChatGPT is undoubtedly among the best tools for content creators, students, freelancers, and almost everyone. Here are some of the key features of chatGPT that you should know.
- Natural Language Understanding: ChatGPT excels in understanding and processing natural language. It allows you to comprehend a wide variety of user inputs and prompts.
- Generative Capabilities: ChatGPT can produce coherent and contextually relevant text responses as a generative model. Based on the input it receives, it creates creative content.
- Versatility in Applications: It is a versatile tool used in various applications, including content creation, code generation, writing assistance, and general-purpose conversational interactions.
- OpenAI API Integration: OpenAI has provided an API (Application Programming Interface) for ChatGPT. It enables developers to integrate chatGPT capabilities into their applications and services.
What is Bard?
Google noticed the popularity of chatGPT and its integration with Microsoft’s search engine, Bing. So Google decided to take quick action, and in February 2023, they announced the release of their chatbot.
A chat bot that’s set to compete with chatGPT is “Bard.”
Google’s language model powers this generative tool. However, Bard is still in the experimental stages. But in the last few months, Google has been actively working on improving their program and upgrading Bard with the PaLM 2 model. It resulted in better performance and in multilingual support, coding, and reasoning. The best part is it’s available for free.
Key Features Of Bard
Many chatbots may hold a conversation. But the number of those which produce human-like responses is very low. Bard is an AI-driven chatbot that can easily provide the best responses to individuals based on their queries. Here are a few features of Bard.
- Information Retrieval: Utilizes information from both user responses and the web to enhance knowledge. It pulls relevant data and information to provide contextually appropriate answers.
- Perfect Blend: The answers in Bard are the ideal combination of three major things, i.e., power, intelligence, and creativity.
- Usage of ML: It’s incorporating machine learning technologies for constant improvement. The more you train Bard AI, the better results you’ll get because you’re training Bard AI to understand your queries.
- Audio Responses: Bard can create spoken responses not just in one but many languages. You can interact with this chatbot through voice commands.
Difference Between chatGPT vs Bard
ChatGPT and Bard are similar in so many aspects. Since they are both generative AI products, they serve the same purpose. The primary technology used in both is LLMs.
However, there are still some distinct differences that set both technologies apart. Here are the major differences that you should remember.
|Language Learning Models
|GPT-3.5 free version GPT-4 Pro version
|Free but pro version costs $20
|Collection Of Data
|The data is collected from data sources from internet, Wikipedia. But it’s only until 2021.
|It has direct connection with all the infomation uploaded on Google.
|Works properly for pro versions.
|It’s only intergrated with Google owned platforms such as Maps, YouTube, Google Tools etc.
|Only one output allowed.
|Three outputs allowed per query.
|You can easily do it by combining chatGPT with Dall-E.
|Yes it can create high-quality images.
5 Major Differences B/W ChatGPT & Bard AI To Help You Choose the Right Tool
Now that you know what these tools are and how they work, it’s time to dive deeper so you can understand which AI chatbot is best for you.
Here are five major differences to keep in mind while choosing the best tool for your business.
Training Model Of The Tools
The type of LLMs used plays a great role in choosing the most suitable AI tool for your business. You should understand that Bard is made using PaLM 2 architecture. Meanwhile, chatGPT uses Transformer architecture.
But what’s the significance for users?
ChatGPT research is from feeding data into the system. So, the data in this might not be updated.
However, Bard is different.
This tool has real-time updated information. So, if you want to gain updated information, Bard is a suitable model.
Different Purposes Of Models
Bard is the platform where you’ll get a lot of information. It doesn’t cite all the sources; however, if you tell it to do so, it shares relevant information. You can also click the double-check response icon to learn more about Bard’s response.
But there’s more.
Bard even tells Google search queries related to your question.
Meanwhile, chatGPT is ideal for tasks related to natural language. Since it is trained on web texts, it can easily assist writing-related tasks. This chatbot is your writing assistant, summarizer, translator, etc.
However, if you want to research, Google Bard can be your best partner.
Both platforms offer exceptional user experience and are easy to use. The chat-based interface is user-friendly.
Have you ever written a text message on WhatsApp? Speaking to a friend?
Using these generative tools is easy as that. But it’s a matter of preference. Through sidebars, you can access previous chats.
Sign-in From Accounts
ChatGPT allows you to sign in using different accounts. But Google Bard has a limitation.
It’ll only let you sign in from one Google account. The setup time for Bard is longer than chatGPT.
Conversation Retention Ability
Suppose you’re telling all the information to a friend, but they forget it the next day. Is this a good thing?
Not at all.
ChatGPT and Google Bard have options to retain the information. However, Google stores only 3,000+ conversation history. Thus, retaining the data might be difficult for chatGPT. However, Bard can easily remember data from these conversations. It uses this data to answer your questions in more detail.
ChatGPT and Bard Advantages
Now that you know what chatGPT is, let’s consider its advantages. It’ll give you clarity regarding why a lot of people are using this tool.
- Easy integration for users with diverse technical skills.
- Trained on extensive internet text for a broad range of information.
- Creative content generation for various applications.
- You can easily share conversations with anyone.
Initially, Bard was nowhere near chatGPT, but its performance has dramatically improved in the past few months. Google keeps adding powerful features, which is why its estimated reach is around 1 billion. Here are some advantages.
- Bard can immediately retrieve information from any website on the internet.
- It’s completely free to use.
- The interface is user-friendly; you can export chats to Gmail and other docs.
- It supports more than 43 languages and 20 programming languages.
ChatGPT and Bard Disadvantages
ChatGPT also has some disadvantages. If you plan to use it long-term, you should know these aspects.
- May not be aware of the most recent events or developments.
- Like any model, it may exhibit biases from its training data.
As we mentioned earlier, Google Bard is still in the experimental stages. That’s why there are certain limitations in the recent version.
- The sources provided by Bard aren’t always reliable.
- There are limited options for integrations with Google plugins.
Now that you’ve seen how chatGPT and Bard work, it’s time to make smart decisions and incorporate these into your business plan. However, ensure you’re using the latest versions of the tools to gain maximum advantage.
Remember, selecting LLM depends on the goals you want to achieve and how well the tools align with them.
But one thing is certain: they have opened vast doors for future technologies. Thus offering endless possibilities and innovations. These tools make mundane tasks much easier. The task that used to take hours, such as creating long-form scripts, is now a matter of seconds. But ensure your team is well-equipped to understand and use these tools. It ensures that you’re using these tools to their fullest potential is important.